Persons with disabilities will have access to Lane Community College Library’s resources and services comparable to that extended to other persons eligible to use them, and the Library will actively contribute to facilitating such researchers’ independence to take full advantage of the Library’s offerings.
Patrons with disability-related needs are encouraged to contact Center for Accessible Resources or (541) 463-5150. Both the Library and the Center for Accessible Resources are committed to supporting students with disabilities in making maximum use of the information resources available. In addition to the services available to all students, the following special library services are available to students with disabilities:
Individual Research Consultation
While students with disabilities are expected to achieve the same learning outcomes and conduct the same research, as those without disabilities, they may need extended reference service or special provisions in order to do so. Students who need extensive assistance identifying and locating research sources should make an appointment with a librarian by calling us at (541) 463-5355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Databases, Ebooks, and Streaming Video
Many of the Library's online resources and databases offer accessibility features such as text-to-speech and closed captioning tools built in.
Currently, the Library has the following assistive technologies:
- Text and image magnifier; located near the research help desk on the first floor of the Library.
- Adjustable computer stations; located near the research help desk (the Reference Desk) on the first floor of the Library.
- Adjustable standing computer stations; located near the media creation lab on the first floor of the Library.
For further assistance and services, please contact LCC's Center for Accessible Resources: (541) 463-5150 located in Building 1, Room 218.
To schedule an appointment to learn more about Assistive Technologies, please contact the Center for Accessible Resources at (541) 463-5150
Other Library Services
- Assistance in filling out interlibrary loan and other library request forms.
- Assistance with the elevator in the Library.
- The Library offers the following additional services to students who are referred by Center for Accessible Resources for special accommodation:
- Extended loan periods. With the exception of course reserves, the Library will adjust loan periods to accommodate special needs.
- Assistance with printing from Library computers, photocopiers, and other Library equipment. Library staff will photocopy materials for students with disabilities that prevent use of self-serve machines. If copying cannot be done upon demand, it will be completed within 24 hours of receipt of the request.
- Orientation with Library staff and discussion of specific assistance which may be needed.
- Borrowing Library materials using a proxy card. Students with disabilities who want another person to check materials out for them may apply for an LCC Library Proxy card through Center for Accessible Resources.
- Book retrieval. If retrieval requests cannot be accommodated at the time, they will be filled within 24 hours of the request.