LCC Library will protect the essential confidential relationship which exists between the library user and the library.
LCC Library will protect the confidentiality of the following information:
- circulation records.
- registration records.
- materials request records.
- reference and Internet search records.
LCC Library will not reveal to any outside source any information from these records which may lead to individual identification, except:
- when compelled by legal authority such as a subpoena.
- when authorized in writing by the individual concerned.
- when performing a loan transaction with another library on behalf of the individual concerned.
LCC Library will follow College policy with respect to the confidentiality of class registration records.
Legal interpretations of the Oregon Public Records Act and the Federal Privacy Act will be recognized as they relate to community college libraries.
Nothing in this policy shall restrict the rights of Lane Community College to use these records in accordance with its own lawful policies and procedures.