Teaching and Instruction
The objective of LCC Library is to prepare individuals to make effective, productive, lifelong use of information resources and information systems.
Library instruction at Lane Community College provides library orientation and instruction to enable users of the Library to effectively utilize its resources and services. It is accomplished by the appropriate librarians in the following ways:
1. Library presentations to groups who wish to schedule visits to the Library.
2. Instruction in electronic searching by appointment, workshop, and mini courses.
3. Course-related instruction and preparation of subject-specific bibliographies and library-related assignments.
4. Printed instructional materials, such as guides and handouts to aid users in accessing library resources and services.
5. Evaluation and continual revision of the library instruction program as library resources and services change, and as LCC programs and users change.